Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just Do it!


Today I had a consultation with a career counselor. From the talk she directly finds what is my block point -- I "think" too much but "do" too few. Before making a choice, I tend to think a lot of things just in mind, trying to reason it. However most of the time it is hard to find a way which can guarantee succeed, or it simply doesn't exist. In this case, what I behave is keeping on thinking and thinking, without trying to making a first step. The truth is, without trying/acting/experiencing, you cannot know the result. Of course it may fail, it is as normal as the sun rise every day because nobody will live a whole life without making mistake. The reasoning before making decision is essential and important, but it cannot replace the importance of action. 孔子学而不思 思而不学殆。” which means if you simply jump into learning or practicing without thinking, you will be misunderstood and can only follow the outer expression. If you keep

No comments:

Post a Comment